Here at Milwaukee Record, we employ a sentient machine known as the Great Job, Milwaukee! Bot to keep track of the city’s many appearances on dopey online lists, as well as any time a national publication acknowledges our pathetic Midwest existence. This week: readers of a travel website like us!
As we’re sure the Facebook comments on this article will prove, Milwaukee is having a bit of an image problem lately. But that can’t stop/won’t stop our Great Job, Milwaukee! Bot, which today is reporting that the readers of a random travel website, Travel Awaits, have included Milwaukee on their list of “Our 12 Favorite Cities To Visit In The U.S.” Great job, Milwaukee!
“Just 2 hours north of the Windy City,” begins the Milwaukee blurb, getting the Chicago reference out of the way ASAP, “set on the shores of Lake Michigan, is the vibrant city of Milwaukee. Brew City is known for its thriving macro and craft beer scene; in the early 1900s before the dry years of prohibition, Milwaukee was home to four of the world’s largest breweries. While most of these breweries are no more, Miller still calls Brew City home. Stop by one of many craft breweries in the area to sample their aromatic offerings while sharing a plate of Wisconsin cheese curds. Or head to the waterfront to experience the work of art that is Milwaukee Art Museum: the museum’s roof is mobile and the ‘wings’ move at set times throughout the day.”
The blurb continues:
Milwaukee is a great town for those who enjoy the water as well, with 10 miles of lakefront shoreline and swaths of open water at your disposal. Rent a boat and motor or sail across the freshwater playscape. Or enjoy one of the many area beaches. Three rivers merge within the city, making inland waterways an exciting excursion as well. Explore by boat or by land following the Milwaukee RiverWalk, stopping in at one of the many fantastic dining options along the way.
Milwaukee Mayor Cavalier Johnson tweeted about the big news on Tuesday, mere hours before he tweeted about a Texas man shooting and killing 19 children and JESUS FUCKING CHRIST FUCK THIS FUCKING COUNTRY AND FUCK GUNS AND FUCK EVERY SNIVELING PIECE OF SHIT POLITICIAN WHO REFUSES TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT AND CAN YOU FUCKING BELIEVE WE WANT TO HOST THESE FUCKING DEATH CULT GHOULS IN OUR CITY AND CAN YOU FUCKING BELIEVE THAT EVEN JOHNSON IS LIKE OH WELL GEE IT’S JUST A BUSINESS THING. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
Milwaukee is a “favorite city to visit” according to @MSN Travel Awaits https://t.co/oFgxEFkUGl @visitmilwaukee pic.twitter.com/6UWuU5wovR
— Mayor Cavalier Johnson (@MayorOfMKE) May 24, 2022
And there you go. Other cities like Santa Fe, Austin, and Chicago are also included on the list. Great job, Milwaukee!
Exclusive articles, podcasts, and more. Support Milwaukee Record on Patreon.
• Harsh Job, Milwaukee! Milwaukee is one of the worst U.S. cities for stoners
• Great Job, Milwaukee! Milwaukee is the best coffee city in America, neither dirty nor clean
• Terrible Job, Milwaukee! We’re one of the worst cities for donut lovers
• Terrible Job, Milwaukee! We’re the 140th best city for witches? Because we don’t have enough covens? We beg to differ
• Great Job, Milwaukee! We’re horny
• Great Job, Milwaukee! Milwaukee is the 87th best city for naked gardening
• Great Job, Milwaukee! The New York Times spent 36 hours in Milwaukee and had a nice time
• Great Job, Milwaukee! Gwyneth Paltrow’s awful “Goop” website likes our food
• Great Job, Milwaukee! Vogue thinks Milwaukee is “cool and underrated”
• Great Job, Milwaukee! We really clicked the hell out of that Vogue article