Usually I’d begin an article like this with “In case you missed it…”, but since there’s absolutely no way you missed this story, let’s get right to it. Milwaukee Public Market is opening a new outdoor ice skating rink on Friday. Dubbed “The Dinky Rink,” it’s being touted as the area’s smallest public ice rink. It’s located outside the Market, on the north side of the building. It is indeed small:
The bring-your-own-skates skating rink is free, though you have to register HERE. Only eight people will be allowed on the ice at a time. Oh, and be sure to take your skates off before you head into the Market!
Anyway, that’s the gist of the story. The big (tiny?) news dropped yesterday afternoon, and every Milwaukee media outlet and their mother covered it. Why didn’t we? Well, I wasn’t feeling very well yesterday afternoon, and I was taking an office nap. Don’t worry: I also took a COVID test later in the day, and it came back negative. Phew! I feel much better today.
Please enjoy everyone else’s articles about Milwaukee Public Market’s tiny skating rink:
• “Check out The Milwaukee Public Market’s New Ice Skating Rink” [Milwaukee Magazine]
• “A free ice rink skating rink will open at Milwaukee Public Market tomorrow” [88Nine Radio Milwaukee]
• “What’s the Dinky Rink? ‘Area’s smallest public ice skating rink’ opening at Milwaukee Public Market this week” [Milwaukee Journal Sentinel]
• “Milwaukee Public Market Adds Ice Skating Rink” [Urban Milwaukee]
• “Milwaukee Public Market to open area’s ‘smallest public ice rink'” [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• “The Dinky Rink Comes to Milwaukee Public Market” [Shepherd Express]
• “Dinky Rink: Smallest public ice skating rink in Milwaukee opens Friday” [FOX6]
• “Dinky Rink: Milwaukee Public Market to open free public ice skating rink” [TMJ4]
Exclusive articles, podcasts, and more. Support Milwaukee Record on Patreon.