Every Friday, Stuff We Missed looks to other Milwaukee publications (and beyond) for, well, stuff we missed throughout the week. This week: the Kia Boys and the Naked Bike Ride.
Another infuriating and weird week, eh? Well, let’s lead with some infuriating and weird stuff then…
• First, Milwaukee YouTuber Tommy G talked to Milwaukee teenage car thieves the Kia Boys. Like, just went ahead and talked to them and made a video, All Gas No Brakes-style. The Milwaukee Police Department is “aware” of the video, so sleep well, Kia owners. [YouTube]
• Meanwhile, the World Naked Bike Ride, having made its Milwaukee debut last year, will return to the city on Saturday, June 25. The buck-naked, perfectly legal 15-mile ride will take off from Enlightened Brewery at 4 p.m. Pre-naked festivities begin at 1 p.m. [OnMilwaukee]
• Thought Alphonso’s The Original—a.k.a. the West Allis pizzeria that makes those giant mozzarella sticks—was closed for good? Think again. Owner Tim Szuta is opening a new location at 9130 W Greenfield Ave. [88Nine Radio Milwaukee]
• Thought Festa Italiana 2022 was canceled? Think again. A reimagined/back-to-its-roots Festa will take place September 24-25 in the parking lot of the Italian Community Center. [OnMilwaukee]
• The East Side’s iconic “Boat House” is getting a new lighthouse. [Urban Milwaukee]
• Bounce Milwaukee owner Becky Cooper: “Milwaukee business owners don’t all want the RNC.” [Wisconsin Examiner]
• New LUXI video! [YouTube]
• Comet Cafe is OPEN. [CBS 58]
• State Street Pizza Pub on State Street (in the old Point Burger Bar Express space) is OPEN. [OnMilwaukee]
• Twisted Plants on Brady Street (in the old Cousin’s / Betty’s Burgers space) is OPEN. [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• Tauro Cocina on Water Street (in the old DiModa Pizza / Trocadero space) is OPEN. [OnMilwaukee]
• The MCTS bus routes—well, nine of them, anyway—are a-changin’. [Urban Milwaukee]
• Have a great weekend, Milwaukee!
Exclusive articles, podcasts, and more. Support Milwaukee Record on Patreon.