Every Friday, Stuff We Missed looks to other Milwaukee publications (and beyond) for, well, stuff we missed throughout the week.
• Remember the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic, when, say, Irish Fest canceled its 2020 event and people were like, “What? That’s a whole four months away! Jumping the gun much?” Ha. Simpler times. Anyway, the Milwaukee Brewers announced Friday that their annual “Brewers On Deck” fan festival has been canceled…for January 2021.
“It’s impossible to know at this time what restrictions may be in place that would require a different footprint or format for ‘Brewers On Deck’ in January,” Brewers president for business operations Rick Schlesinger said in a press release. “It takes many months of lead time for our staff to plan and execute the event, and with so many uncertainties we unfortunately have to make this decision now.” Sigh.
In happier news, here’s Uecker. [Milwaukee Journal Sentinel]
• At least the Traveling Beer Garden is extending and expanding its 2020 season! The Juneau Park stop will now run August 12-September 27 (an almost three-week extension), while extra stops have been added to Wisconsin Avenue Park (August 26-September 7), Center Street Park (September 12-13), and Cooper Park (September 19-20). [OnMilwaukee]
• The Milwaukee Health Department has issued warnings to nine businesses for violating the city’s mask mandate. Those nine businesses are:
Ace Food Market – 5035 W. Center St.
BP – 5912 W. Oklahoma Ave.
East Side Maytag Coin Laundry – 2009 E. Kenilworth Pl.
Gold Diggers – 4750 N. Hopkins St.
McDonald’s – 1614 E. North Ave.
Milwaukee Pedal Tavern – 820 S. Water St.
Pick ‘n Save – 1100 E. Garfield Ave.
Sunrise Foods – 2879 N. Weil St.
United States Postal Service – 3600 N. Holton St.
We like to imagine that one person reported these businesses after a busy day of enjoying the Pedal Tavern, picking up groceries, mailing some letters, doing laundry, eating at McDonald’s, and going to a strip club. [Urban Milwaukee]
• Remember that food hall coming to the old Shops of Grand Avenue? The one that’s going to be located on the first floor, where they used to set up the Leonard Bearstein Symphony Orchestra? The one that better bring back the Leonard Bearstein Symphony Orchestra next winter? It’s now scheduled to open in late spring 2021. [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• You can order and eat food on Bradford Beach’s rooftop deck now. [OnMilwaukee]
• You’ll be able to order and drink drinks on Bradford Beach’s rooftop deck soon. [Urban Milwaukee]
• New REYNA! [YouTube]
• Here’s a neat thing called Viewaukee that “lets the public look back in time and see Milwaukee’s history, right where it happened.” [Urban Milwaukee]
• The Angry Taco, 753 N. Water St., is closed. [Milwaukee Journal Sentinel]
• Big Daddy’s BBQ and Soul Food, 2730 N. Humboldt Blvd., will open soon. [OnMilwaukee]
• Kanye. [Milwaukee Journal Sentinel]
• Have a great weekend, Milwaukee!