Every Friday, Stuff We Missed looks to other Milwaukee publications (and beyond) for, well, stuff we missed throughout the week.
• Here are the facts: In December 2019, Friday’s Front Row Sports Grill at Miller Park will close. In January 2020, a new restaurant will take its place. That new restaurant will be called—buckle up for this—the “Restaurant To Be Named Later.” Seriously. That’s the name. “The Restaurant To Be Named Later will be operated by Delaware North Sportservice,” explains a press release. “The menu will celebrate a myriad of Wisconsin favorites, with twists on classic food and beverage offerings. The space will also be refreshed with updated décor.”
Here’s the good stuff: The “Restaurant To Be Named Later” announcement was accompanied by a three-minute video of Bob Uecker! You see, Ueck was apparently tasked with coming up with a new restaurant name, and, well, “Restaurant To Be Named Later” is what he came up with. The “Restaurant At The End Of The Universe” and “Fur Ball” were already taken, apparently.
#ProTip: Don’t ask Ueck to help name your baby.
Details: https://t.co/KRExHJfKp5 pic.twitter.com/V5iuvI0tRw
— Milwaukee Brewers (@Brewers) October 8, 2019
Anyway, the video is 2019’s Best Picture. Sorry, Joker, which will probably get nominated and set off another insufferable round of people yelling on the internet. [Milwaukee Brewers]
• Kim Kardashian tweeted at Gov. Evers. [TMZ]
• Aquaman was in town. Again. [Milwaukee Journal Sentinel]
• Even if you don’t know who/what Blippi is, this story is hilarious. [Milwaukee Journal Sentinel]
• The Milwaukee 2020 Democratic National Convention has an official logo. It’s “bold and patriotic.” It looks like this. [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• The building that currently houses Trio, 1023 Old World 3rd St., will soon house the new multi-level Deer Camp and Vista. [OnMilwaukee]
• Oriental Theatre will screen the new Martin Scorsese film, The Irishman, in November. [88Nine Radio Milwaukee]
• Remember poké? There’s gonna be more poké. [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• Remember sushi? There’s gonna be more sushi. [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• Chef Justin Carlisle is opening a burger and hot dog stand in Fiserv Forum. [Milwaukee Journal Sentinel]
• Unlocal Beer Company plans to open a location in Walker’s Point in 2020. [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• St. Francis Brewery is closed. [OnMilwaukee]
• Have a great weekend, Milwaukee!