Every Friday, Stuff We Missed (formerly Off The Record, which is now the name of our print-only Colectivo publication) looks to other Milwaukee publications (and beyond) for, well, stuff we missed throughout the week.
• In “Workin’ Too Hard Can Give You A Heart Attack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack” news, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel is moving out. The
local Gannett-owned publication is leaving behind its (mostly empty) historic home at 333 W. State St. and leasing a space at 330 Kilbourn. “It’s a more modern facility that I think people will feel a lot more comfortable in,” says Gannett’s Andy Fisher of the facility that was built in the 1980s and renovated in 2016. “It’ll have a really fresh feel.”
Developers Joshua Jeffers and Tony Janowiec will close on the purchase of the former Journal Sentinel building in August. They have not revealed their plans for the complex. The JS move is expected to happen in early 2020. [Urban Milwaukee]
• Sprecher Brewing Co. is getting into the still-popular-for-some-reason sparkling water game with Craft Sparkling Waters. [OnMilwaukee]
• Milwaukee County is getting four battery electric buses. [Urban Milwaukee]
• Chick-fil-A wants to open a new location in Menomonee Falls. Yay? [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• T.J. Maxx is opening a new location in Southridge Mall. Yay! [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• Dead Bird Brewing is opening a brewery and taproom at 1726 N. 5th St. Yay! [OnMilwaukee]
• New Zed Kenzo video! [YouTube]
• The Mitchell Parks Domes have a new director, Doris Maki, and she “plans to consider all options for the future of the domes, including combining them with the Milwaukee Public Museum.” [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• Want concrete bike lane barriers on the Locust Street and North Avenue bridges? You got ’em (finally). [Urban Milwaukee]
• Columbus Park is now Indigenous People’s Park. [Urban Milwaukee]
• O’Lydia’s Pub & Grill is gonna offer shuttle rides to and from Packers games now. [OnMilwaukee]
• It’s Only Right And Natural, a.k.a. the breakout album for Milwaukee’s The Frogs, is getting the 30th-anniversary-reissue treatment. [OnMilwaukee]
• Have a great weekend, Milwaukee!