Depending on which news sources you follow, Milwaukee is going through either a “renaissance” or a “reinvention.” Or maybe it’s a “reboot” or a “reimagining,” like that crappy Tim Burton version of Planet Of The Apes. However you want to define it, it’s safe to say that Milwaukee is currently building a lot of new shit.
• Buckle up, Bay View, because new shit is coming for you. A six-floor, 144-unit, mixed-use apartment building is being planned for the corner of 2130 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.—a.k.a. the former site of Hamburger Mary’s. The New Land Enterprise project is being valued at a cool $25 million. While some residents spoke out against the project at a recent meeting, “every attendee that owned commercial property in the area said they supported the project for its potential to bring new business and more density to the area.” Neighborhood businesses are being sought to fill the building’s 15,000 square feet of retail space. [Urban Milwaukee]
• Milwaukee real estate company Ogden Multifamily Partners LLC is currently putting the finishing touches on a four-story, 22-unit apartment building on the corner of E. Brady Street and N. Humboldt Avenue. But they’re not stopping there: Construction will begin this month on a five-story, 30-unit building three blocks north of Brady, at 910-920 E. Land Place. [BizTimes]
• Speaking of that first Ogden project, it’s called the Keystone. Here are some pictures. [Urban Milwaukee]
• Lakefront Brewery still wants to build a new brewery and double its brewing capacity. [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• They’re still gonna turn the old Judge’s on the East Side into a bunch of apartments. [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• Step inside the new Westin Milwaukee hotel at 550 N. Van Buren St. [Urban Milwaukee]
• GOOD LORD ANOTHER RAMEN PLACE. [Milwaukee Business Journal]