Every Friday, Stuff We Missed looks to other Milwaukee publications (and beyond) for, well, stuff we missed throughout the week.
• Earlier this week, we counted seven (7) festivals happening in Milwaukee this weekend:
Good evening. I count seven (7) festivals happening in Milwaukee this coming weekend: German Fest, Riverwest 24, Brady Street Festival, Weird Fest Block Party, Seventh Stanine Festival, Milwaukee Brewfest, and Rock Party Block Party. lol
— Matt Wild (@ByMattWild) July 25, 2022
But seven festivals in one weekend isn’t cool. You know what’s cool? NINE festivals in one weekend.
Yep, our pals at 88Nine Radio Milwaukee used the above tweet as a springboard to find two more festivals happening this weekend: Oktoberfest Release & German Festival Party at Third Space Brewing on July 29; and BBQ Fest at the Tap Yard Beer Garden in Brookfield’s Fox Brook Park on July 31. Yeah, BBQ Fest is in Brookfield, but we’ll totally allow it. NINE TIMES FESTIVALS! [88Nine Radio Milwaukee]
• Speaking of festivals, the Milwaukee International Short Film Festival is coming to the Avalon Theater on September 10. [OnMilwaukee]
• Oh, and Taco John’s is coming to Milwaukee. FINALLY. [Urban Milwaukee]
• That stretch of Washington Boulevard in Washington Park is now called Olmsted Way (in honor of influential landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted). [OnMilwaukee]
• New Beat Index song/video! [YouTube]
• New Bucks alternate jerseys! They look good! [OnMilwaukee]
• Sorry, Red Arrow Park will NOT be transformed into a temporary rollerskating rink this summer. [TMJ 4]
• Food and drink website Tasting Table named Sprecher Root Beer as the best root beer in the country! Says Tasting Table: “From the mighty fires of Sprecher Brewing in Glendale, WI springs the honey-sweetened and malted root beer nectar of the gods. You might have seen a bottle cameo recently in FX’s buzzy The Bear, or maybe you’re lucky enough to catch it in a permanent seat of honor on your root beer shelf.” Says us: Great job, Sprecher! [Tasting Table]
• And yeah, that whole “Budweiser/Fiserv Forum” thing. Whatyagonnado? Have a great weekend, Milwaukee!
Exclusive articles, podcasts, and more. Support Milwaukee Record on Patreon.