Good news for fans of The Lawnmower Man, Black Mirror, and/or wearing goggles: RSVR, a self-described “reservation-based virtual reality experience center,” is coming soon to Bay View. Brothers Ryan and Reid Spiering plan to open RSVR at 2210 S. Kinnickinnic Ave. According to a Class B Tavern License application, the projected opening date is January 1, 2020.

RSVR’s impending Bay View debut isn’t exactly breaking news. Back in July, the Milwaukee Business Journal revealed details of the VR venture:

By day, the venue will be open for corporate purposes. Businesses can rent out the space to use the virtual reality technology to interactively visualize a design before manufacturing it, said Ryan Spiering.

“Smaller firms that can’t afford the initial investment could rent out space and equipment from us,” he said.

On the weekends, he said, RSVR would be open to the public on a reservation-basis to play virtual reality video games.

The license application reveals more details. For one, RSVR will serve alcohol, and plans to build a “temporary bar on the rear patio.” Still, alcohol is expected to make up only 20 percent of total sales. (“VR time” is listed as the remaining 80 percent.)

RSVR will be relatively small, with an expected capacity of 25. There will be three booths for VR devices. Based on a rendering, the whole thing will kind of look like an Apple Store.

“RSVR is the premiere destination to experience Virtual Reality,” says the company’s website. “State of the art computers, ultra high definition headsets and a stunning atmosphere make RSVR the ideal choice for your next adventure.

“Are you an AEC professional, product designer, 3d artist, etc.?” the website continues. “Utilize our multipurpose VR and meeting room space to visualize your designs or host your next meeting.”

Hours are expected to be Tuesday through Friday, 4 p.m.-midnight; Saturday, noon-midnight; Sunday, noon-5 p.m.; Monday, closed.

About The Author

Matt Wild
Co-Founder and Editor

Matt Wild weighs between 140 and 145 pounds. He lives on Milwaukee's east side.

X