Every Friday, Stuff We Missed looks to other Milwaukee publications (and beyond) for, well, stuff we missed throughout the week. This week: Milwaukee fireworks!
• Okay, let’s get this straight: Milwaukee County’s July 3 lakefront fireworks are still canceled. (Not because of COVID, but because of a lack of resources and staffing.) HOWEVER, the CITY of Milwaukee is going ahead with a bunch of fireworks on July 5? And some of those fireworks are happening in County parks? And there’ll be a bunch of daytime celebrations, too? Huh. Okay!
So yeah, on Monday, July 5, there will be fireworks in 10 Milwaukee County parks: Alcott, Gordon, Humboldt, Jackson, Lake, Lincoln, Mitchell, Noyes, Washington, and Wilson. PLUS, there’ll be daytime celebrations at Humboldt Park, King Center, and Enderis Playfield. We love you, Milwaukee. Here’s to the 5th of July! [CBS 58]
• The long-awaited Mac Shack is set to open soon-ish on Brady Street (well, 1701 N. Humboldt Ave., to be exact.) The “build-your-own-pasta restaurant” was first announced way back in 2019. [Urban Milwaukee]
• The legendary Turf skate park in Greenfield will live again! [OnMilwaukee]
• Beginning June 7, you’ll be able to browse the stacks at all Milwaukee Public Library branches again! The Central Library will remained closed for browsing, however, awaiting an August reopening. [OnMilwaukee]
• Black Cat Alley is looking for Wisconsin-based women/LGBTQ+/BIPOC artists to create three new murals. [Milwaukee Journal Sentinel]
• 3rd Street Market Hall—a.k.a. the long-awaited food hall opening soon in the first floor of The Avenue, a.k.a. the old Shops of Grand Avenue—has a sign now. [FOX 6]
• The 6th annual Twisted Dreams Film Festival—which, like last year’s installment, is an all-virtual affair—begins today. [Twisted Dreams]
• Food truck festival at the Summefest grounds July 24! [OnMilwaukee]
• Love WMSE? There’s an app for that. [WMSE]
• Have a great weekend, Milwaukee!