Earlier this week, we gave you some general info on where and when to see fireworks displays in the Milwaukee area this weekend. And if Milwaukee’s big July 3 Lakefront Fireworks are on your agenda, Milwaukee County Parks has a bunch of specific info for you. Here you go!
WHERE: Veterans Park, 1010 N. Lincoln Memorial Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53202
WHAT: Head to Veterans Park on Sunday, July 3 for an evening of fireworks and fun celebrating tradition. The 45-minute fireworks display co-presented by American Family Insurance, the Kelben Foundation, Inc., and Town Bank, a Wintrust Community Bank will start around 9:30 p.m.
This year, fireworks will be launched from a barge on Lake Michigan as well as a roped-off section of Veterans Park.
• Parking: Cash-only Parking operations at the lakefront will begin at 6 a.m. on July 3. All lots can be accessed from Lincoln Memorial Drive and are first-come, first-served. There are no in-out privileges once a vehicle enters the grounds and Lincoln Memorial Drive will be closed at 6 p.m. or once lots reach capacity and reopen after the display. No overnight parking is allowed, so all vehicles will need to leave the park after the fireworks display has concluded. Parking Prices: $25 car; $50 car plus trailer; $75 RV; $100 RV plus trailer
• July 2 Camping: Overnight camping is not permitted in any Milwaukee County Park and parks close at 10 p.m. Anyone camping in Veterans Park will be doing so at their own risk. No overnight parking is allowed–the 2nd or the 3rd.
• Trash: The July 3 Fireworks are a free event that attracts up to 50,000 people from all over the region to the Milwaukee lakefront – so we ask for visitors to help keep the park clean by taking their trash home with them. Everyone parking in Veterans Park will be given a trash bag to take their trash home with them.
• Volunteer Cleanup: Volunteer Cleanup help will also be needed along the lakefront following the July 3 fireworks, starting at midnight until 4 a.m. On July 5, help will be needed at various parks throughout Milwaukee County. To sign up for a time slot and park, visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e48aaa72faafac16-july
• Vendors: Food vendors and beer tents will be available from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. on July 3. (please drink responsibly). If the weather is hot we recommend drinking plenty of water. Most vendors will be cash only. Event partner Milwaukee Parks Foundation will host a 50/50 raffle and collect donations to benefit Milwaukee County Parks from 11 am – 8:30 p.m.
• Events: Gift of wings host a kite festival See giant kites flying above the park and give kite-flying a try at free lessons! It all takes place in the designated kite-flying area in Veterans Park. Bring your own kite or buy one at the Gift of Wings kite store.
More information can be found at www.milwaukeefireworks.org.
Exclusive articles, podcasts, and more. Support Milwaukee Record on Patreon.