…Poncho Dog’s Buffalo Cheese Curd and Chicken Taco. It’s described as “Buffalo flavored cheese curds from Ellsworth, WI paired with slices of grilled chicken in a fried flour tortilla. Topped with bleu cheese slaw.” So there you go!
Every Friday, Stuff We Missed (formerly Off The Record, which is now the name of our print-only Colectivo publication) looks to other Milwaukee publications (and beyond) for, well, stuff we missed throughout the week.
• Lowlands Group will transform Café Bavaria in Wauwatosa into the northwoods-themed Buckatabon. Don’t make us do a “We compared Milwaukee-area ‘northwoods’ bars to real northwoods bars and got the shit kicked out of us in the real ones” piece, Milwaukee. (Never mind. We’re totally doing this.) [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• Midwest Express is one step closer to becoming a thing again. [CBS 58]
• Evan Rytlewski assembled a monster list of “The 10 most important songs in Milwaukee rap history.” [88Nine Radio Milwaukee]
• A fourth Shah Jee’s location opened at 228 W. Wells St. [OnMilwaukee]
• Turner Hall Ballroom unveiled a new 22-foot sign. [FOX6]
• This “Pint-Sized” history lesson from Enlightened Brewery is pretty neat. And it’s narrated by Amanda Huff! [Vimeo]
• Milwaukee PBS will air a documentary about the history and legacy of Bronzeville. [Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service]
• Bon Iver released their new album i,i a few weeks early and people tweeted about it. [Milwaukee Journal Sentinel]
• Yes, caring passionately about something doesn’t preclude you from caring passionately about something else, but it’s still weird that some people really, really care about electric rental scooters. [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• Starting Sunday, you can hang out at the not-a-bar “social space” Hangout MKE, located at 1819 N. Farwell Ave. next to Pizza Shuttle. [OnMilwaukee]
• The old Ruckus in Shorewood is going to be a taco place or something. [OnMilwaukee]
• Have a great weekend, Milwaukee!