Every Friday, Stuff We Missed looks to other Milwaukee publications (and beyond) for, well, stuff we missed throughout the week.
Bernie Sanders Bernie Sanders meme Bernie Sanders mittens Bernie Sanders sitting Bernie Sanders Bernie Sanders Bernie Sanders. Are we still doing Bernie Sanders memes? Sure. Are we getting annoyed with Bernie Sanders memes? Nah. Goodness knows we all need fun distractions these days. Right, chief meteorologist Mark Baden?
Please stop with the #Bernie memes.
— Mark Baden (@Mark_Baden) January 21, 2021
Anyway, please note that the following ranked list is not a ranked list of Bernie memes; instead, it’s a ranking of local articles that are about the Bernie memes.
4. “That image of Bernie Sanders at President Joe Biden’s inauguration is a bobblehead in the works” [Milwaukee Journal Sentinel]
Just an announcement of the impending existence of a “Bernie Sanders sitting and wearing mittens” bobblehead. Pre-orders are available now. The bobblehead will ship in May. We’ll all surely remember and love the Bernie Sanders meme in May.
3. “6 of the best Bernie Sanders inauguration memes set in Wisconsin” [TMJ4]
Includes Bernie memes from Light The Hoan, MCTS, Kenosha Police Department, Humane Animal Welfare Society of Waukesha, Wisconsin Alumni, and TMJ4. (Bonus points for watermarking their own meme.)
2. “Memorable Milwaukee-themed ‘Bernie Sanders in mittens’ memes” [OnMilwaukee]
Includes Bernie memes of Bernie tanning with Dick Bacon, tailgating at Lambeau Field, doing the Lambeau Leap, sitting outside the Mars Cheese Castle, sitting inside Boone & Crockett, sitting outside Franklin Public Library, riding an MCTS bus, and posing with a friend’s family.
1. “This website lets you plop Bernie Sanders anywhere in Milwaukee” [88Nine Radio Milwaukee]
Includes original Bernie memes of Bernie at Leon’s Frozen Custard, the Bronze Fonz, GTO, Victor’s, the Domes, Shank Hall, Pabst Theater, The Rave, Conejitos, City Hall, 88Nine, and the Nomad. Millions of bonus points for making original Bernie memes, albeit Bernie memes created via this website.
And yeah, we made the Milwaukee Public Museum one above, along with this beauty of Bernie sitting in front of the Marcus Center parking structure snow pile. (Thanks to John Hassig for suggesting it.)
• 3 Sheeps Brewing, along with Third Space Brewing and Young Blood Beer Company, have collaborated on Operation SOS (Save Our Spots) Hazy IPA. “The canned beer won’t be available at liquor stores or brewery tap rooms,” explains Milwaukee Magazine, “but only at Wisconsin bars and restaurants, with the hope that it increases traffic during a time of year when business is slow, even in a normal, non-pandemic, year.” [Milwaukee Magazine]
• There might be an official LEGO set of the Milwaukee Art Museum. [Urban Milwaukee]
• In other LEGO news, I’m currently building a Nintendo Switch virtual pinball controller/cabinet entirely out of LEGOs. Here’s a look at the right flipper:
• OUT TODAY: Fox Face’s new full-length album, End Of Man. [Bandcamp]
• ALSO OUT TODAY: Boy Lonely’s pandemic debut, The Hoax. [Bandcamp]
• I dunno, it was kind of a weird week, so that’s all for now. Have a great weekend, Milwaukee. R.I.P. HANK AARON.