Every Friday, Stuff We Missed looks to other Milwaukee publications (and beyond) for, well, stuff we missed throughout the week. This week: CHEESE CURD PASS.
Earlier this week, VISIT Milwaukee unveiled a so-called Cheese Curd Pass. What’s a Cheese Curd Pass, you ask? Simply sign up for a mobile “passport,” visit the many participating bars and restaurants on the mobile passport, and get a nifty discount on cheese curds! Also, says VISIT Milwaukee, “be sure to check in at each location by Dec. 31, 2022 for a chance to win a cheese curd prize pack and become a self–proclaimed curd connoisseur.”
So there you go. Get your Cheese Curd Pass HERE. And then enjoy this ranking of the eight (!) local headlines about the Cheese Curd Pass.
8. “What Is the Milwaukee Cheese Curd Pass?” [Milwaukee Magazine]
Oh come on. We know you can’t include everything in a headline, but surely you can include something. Why not just a picture of cheese curds and a headline that reads “??????”
7. “‘May the curd be with you’: VISIT Milwaukee announces free Cheese Curd Pass to try city’s best” [TMJ4]
Yeah, the Cheese Curd Pass was announced on May 4—a.k.a. May the 4th, a.k.a. Star Wars Day—but it has nothing to do with Star Wars! It doesn’t even…what? Oh, VISIT Milwaukee did the whole “may the curd be with you” thing? Never mind.
It’s a Gouda Day! We now have a Cheese Curd Pass! Download the new pass by June 1 for your chance to win cheese curds for a year and live your cheesiest dreams. May the curd be with you on your cheese journey: https://t.co/qsyzfAXRzT #TourismMattersMKE pic.twitter.com/PyRMtVIGCr
— VISIT Milwaukee (@visitmilwaukee) May 4, 2022
6. “Cheese curd pass; VISIT Milwaukee celebrates squeaky, fried goodness” [FOX 6]
“Curd” and “pass” should be capitalized, yes? And why is “Cheese curd pass” behind a semicolon in the first place?
5. “Get sweet deals on cheese curds with this new Milwaukee Cheese Curd Pass” [CBS 58]
Simple and direct. Points docked for the use of “sweet,” though, because cheese curds ain’t sweet.
4. “Get Your Cheese Curds with VISIT Milwaukee Pass” [Shepherd Express]
Simple and direct. No points docked!
3. “Love cheese curds? Get the free Milwaukee Cheese Curd Pass” [WISN 12]
Yes! I will!
2. “Get your hot squeaky cheese fix with new free Milwaukee Cheese Curd Pass” [OnMilwaukee]
Big points for the phrase “hot squeaky cheese fix.” Kudos, OMC.
1. “New Milwaukee Cheese Curd Pass gets you deals—including free curds—at participating restaurants, bars” [Milwaukee Journal Sentinel]
A long headline, sure, but it contains absolutely everything you need to know. A new pass! Free cheese curds! Participating restaurants and bars! That’s it!
• In other food news, a Taco John’s and a Popeyes might be coming to the area near Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport. [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• The artist who is currently painting that downtown Giannis mural is the same guy who did that Walker’s Point Selena mural that got knocked down and now he’s going to paint a new Selena mural also in Walker’s Point. [OnMilwaukee]
• A new daiquiri bar is coming to the Deer District. [Urban Milwaukee]
• A new coffee bar is coming to Walker’s Point. [Milwaukee Journal Sentinel]
• A new bar is coming to Water Street. [OnMilwaukee]
• The Truck Stop is leaving its brick-and-mortar location on Brady Street and moving into the kitchen of The Garage. [OnMilwaukee]
• What will become of the former Truck Stop? It’ll be a second location for Sticky Rice! [Urban Milwaukee]
• “Streetcar Service Goes From Bad To Worse.” [Urban Milwaukee]
• Have a great weekend, Milwaukee!
Exclusive articles, podcasts, and more. Support Milwaukee Record on Patreon.