Every Friday, Off The Record looks to other Milwaukee publications (and beyond) for bits of news we missed throughout the week.
• Do you really need to be reminded of how everything is terrible? No, no you don’t. So how about a faint glimmer of niceness: Miller Park is installing a baby-nursing station next season. Isn’t that nice? Yeah, it’s nice.
“The nursing station will be on the Field Level and is for women who are breast-feeding their children,” the Milwaukee Business Journal helpfully explains. Other Miller Park upgrades for 2018 include a refurbished Club Level, a renovated left-field-corner team store, and a spiffed-up Terrace Level playground. Nice. [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• Lorde Fredd33 released a new video for “Sanctified,” the leadoff track from his upcoming album Norf. Per Shepherd Express‘ Evan Rytlewski: “‘Sanctified’ depicts salvation as a kind of labor, something that’s earned, not granted, and it’s accompanied by a violent, strangely beautiful music video that plays on images of repentance and rebirth, directed by Fredd33 himself. If this is the kind of individualistic statement we can expect from Norf—and we hope it is—then we’re in store for something special.” [Shepherd Express]
• There’s a “secret mural” at Von Trier. [OnMilwaukee]
• The “secret mural” at Von Trier is a black light mural. [OnMilwaukee]
• Milwaukee emcee MoG. released a new video for “32.” The DSCRIBE-directed clip includes a cameo from Mike Regal and Young Twizzle. [YouTube]
• The former Comedy Cafe on Brady Street has been officially sold. The site will reopen as an arcade bar, Up-Down MKE, next year. [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• Got $1 million to spend on a condo? There are currently 10 condos for sale in Milwaukee that top the $1 million mark. [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• Have a great weekend, Milwaukee!