If you don’t follow (the newly revamped) As Goes Wisconsin on your favorite social media platforms, go ahead and change that now. The brainchild of Wisconsin-born writer/comedian Kristin Brey, As Goes Wisconsin examines the many, many, many confounding political issues currently shaping our great state, and presents them in a humorous (but always informative) way. And hey! Every other week (or so) Brey sits down with Milwaukee Record‘s own Matt Wild for a shoot-the-shit current events show called Matt And Kristin Talk About Milwaukee And Wisconsin Stuff! Fun!
This week: Remember all those empty lots near Fiserv Forum and the Deer District, where 8 zillion people watched your Milwaukee Bucks become NBA Champions? Well, they won’t be empty for long, and the whole “8 zillion people” thing looks like it’ll never happen again. Matt and Kristin discuss the many hotels, apartment buildings, and god knows what else coming to the area in the near future. Next, Matt dips his toes into some low-level streetcar drama, Kristin welcomes the Aaron Rodgers closure, and both of them revel in another installment of Mandatory Johnson.
Exclusive articles, podcasts, and more. Support Milwaukee Record on Patreon.
• Matt & Kristin Talk About MKE & WI Stuff #7: Bucks, summer politics, Chill On The Hill
• Matt & Kristin Talk About MKE & WI Stuff #6: ESPN, Milwaukee inferiority, Club Water Street
• Matt & Kristin Talk About MKE & WI Stuff #5: Medicaid, county funding, mask burning
• Matt And Kristin Talk About MKE And WI Stuff #4: normalcy, Summerfest, gerrymandering
• Matt And Kristin Talk About MKE And WI Stuff #3: State Fair, masks, vaccines, more
• Matt And Kristin Talk About MKE And WI Stuff #2: Vaccinations, MKE Health Dept.
• As Goes Wisconsin’s Kristin Brey joins us for ‘Matt And Kristin Talk About MKE And WI Stuff’