In yet another welcome “IT’S BACK” announcement, the Locust Street Festival and Riverwest Beer Run/Walk will return to Locust Street—between Humboldt and Holton—on Sunday, June 12. The annual summer block party was canceled in 2020 and 2021 due to you-know-what.
As always, Alderman Nik Kovak will kick off the 1.8-mile Beer Run/Walk at 11:30 a.m. Registration is open NOW.
After that, the 44th annual fest will kick into high gear with more than 40 local bands and musicians playing on six outdoor stages. Arts and crafts, plenty of food and drink, and probably Sigmund Snopek will also be involved. The fun will go until 8 p.m.
The music lineup hasn’t been announced yet, but we’ll get it to you when it is. Until then, LOCUST STREET FESTIVAL IS BACK!
Exclusive articles, podcasts, and more. Support Milwaukee Record on Patreon.
• Summer Soulstice will return June 18 (with some changes)
• Locust Street Festival 2018: A waterlogged and increasingly sporadic minute-by-minute recap
• Locust Street Festival 2017, a minute-by-minute recap
• Locust Street Festival 2016: A minute-by-minute recap
• Locust Street Festival 2015: A minute-by-minute recap