Summerfest has a new stage! Well, sort of.
The new Generac Power Stage is the rebranded and nicely upgraded Summerfest stage that used to be the Harley-Davidson Roadhouse. The new stage features “increased rigging capacity to support theatrical stage lights, along with new structural steel to support additional video components.” It also features “new Generac signs on the stage, a hospitality building, and a new pylon sign on the main walkway featuring a large-scale digital message center.” Oh, and there’s also a “re-configuration of the bench seating area to accommodate improved seating and ADA accessibility.” It’s all brought to you by Generac (natch), a Waukesha-based company that specializes in generators (natch).
On Wednesday, Summerfest (which runs September 2-4, 9-11, and 16-18) offered the media a sneak-peek of the stage. I (Matt) biked down to the grounds to check it out. Here are 17 pictures of the new stage, followed by three pictures of a delicious chutney turkey sandwich from the recently opened Ruta’s at Crossroads Collective that I had after I biked home. Yum!
Exclusive articles, podcasts, and more. Support Milwaukee Record on Patreon.
• Summerfest’s Harley-Davidson Roadhouse is gonna be the Generac Power Stage now
• Reminder: Here are the vaccination and mask requirements for getting into Summerfest
• Summerfest has hired a private company to provide shuttle bus service for 2021 fest
• Summerfest will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 test result
• Here are the daily admission promotions for Summerfest 2021
• Okay, here’s the full Summerfest 2021 lineup for every day and every stage