Happy Summerfest week, Milwaukee! Er, Summerfest Week 1! Or is it Summerfest Weekend 1? Whatever!
Yes, Summerfest 2021 is set to go down at Henry Maier Festival Park September 2-4, 9-11, and 16-18. Plus, there are three “Wednesday Kick-Off” concerts at the American Family Insurance Amphitheater on September 1, 8, and 15. Find the entire schedule HERE.
Oh, and remember:
You’ll need to provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours to get in.
Here’s everything you need to know, courtesy of Summerfest:
Given the new entry protocols, fans are advised to plan extra time upon entering. Here’s what Summerfest-goers need to know prior to attending Summerfest or any of the Wednesday Weekend Kick-Off concerts:
Proof of a COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours will be required to attend
• Upon entry at any gate, fans will be asked to show a valid COVID-19 vaccination card or proof of a negative test.
• An original vaccination card, a printed copy of a valid vaccination card, or negative test will be accepted.
• Documentation may also be presented in digital form, such as a screen shot or photo on a phone.
• For any vaccine documentation (printed copy, phone screenshot, etc.), the entire front of the vaccination card or test result must be visible, or it will not be accepted. Security does not need to see the back of the vaccine card.
If a COVID-test is needed, fans are encouraged to get tested in advance, to speed up entry to the festival
• Test results must be obtained within 72 hours of the date fans plan to attend the festival.
• PCR or Rapid test is acceptable. Antigen tests are not acceptable.
• Local testing information is available here: www.milwaukee.gov/COVIDtesting.
Rapid COVID-19 testing will be available on-site at both the North and South entrance gates
• Tests cost $25.00/per test.
• Tickets for the Rapid COVID-19 on site test can be purchased at the ticket windows at the North and South Gate of Henry Maier Festival Park.
• To save time, fans are encouraged to pre-register for the on-site rapid test, using this link: https://forms.gle/McayvF4STwvhPvY16
• Fans that are under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the form, which allows the minor to receive a test.
• The estimated wait time to receive rapid COVID-19 test result is approximately 15-20 minutes.
• Anyone testing positive will be asked to leave the festival grounds immediately. Information regarding refunds due to a positive COVID-19 test will be provided.
• In accordance with CDC guidelines, marks are recommended in indoor spaces, including the Summerfest store, restrooms, first-aid, and more.
• All children 2-11 must wear a mask.
• No backpacks or bags larger than 9x10x12 will be allowed. There are express lanes at the gates for those without bags.
In addition, Summerfest will host a COVID-19 vaccine clinic on site on Saturday, September 11 from Noon – 10:00 p.m. at the Summerfest Mid-Gate. All patrons who receive a vaccine at Summerfest will receive two (2) General Admission tickets, valid for Summerfest 2021.
Summerfest has also implemented the following safety measures:
• Dedicated cleaning crews will conduct frequent cleaning and sanitizing of high touch areas throughout the event.
• Overnight deep cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
• Cashless transactions.
• The addition of hand sanitizer stations on site.
Exclusive articles, podcasts, and more. Support Milwaukee Record on Patreon.