Want to drop in and enjoy a meal at Pizza Man on Downer Avenue? You’ve got about a week.
Yes, after nearly 10 years of holding down the corner of Downer and Belleview on the city’s east side, Milwaukee staple Pizza Man is preparing to move to the recently vacated Stubby’s Gastrogrub space at 2060 N. Humboldt Blvd. The restaurant’s last day of service at 2597 N. Downer Ave. will be Saturday, March 25.
“Our Downer location’s last day of service is this Saturday, March 25th,” reads a Facebook post. “Join us for one more slice and get these amazing deals.”
The amazing deals include all-day happy hour prices, free desert with a purchase of a bottle of wine, raffle prizes, and more.
“We want to thank you for continuous love and support as we relocate,” continues the Facebook post. “Make sure to visit us at our NEW Milwaukee location at 2060 N. Humboldt Ave. open mid-April!”
Pizza Man announced its big move in February. (The stated reason? The lease was up.) “The team and I are very excited to move into a developing area of the city, as well as offer our guests a great outdoor patio space with beautiful views of the river,” said Regional General Manager Jay Culp in February.
Pizza Man’s Wauwatosa location, in the Mayfair Collection, remains open.
Stubby’s Gastrogrub closed its Humboldt spot in December 2022, after 12 years in business.
Pizza Man opened on Downer Avenue in 2013. Its original Milwaukee location, located on North Avenue and opened in 1970, was destroyed in a fire in 2010. (R.I.P. Grecian Delight and Cush, which were destroyed, too.)
In other Downer Avenue news, the looooooong-vacant former Chancery at 2575 N. Downer Ave. is set to be occupied by gourmet bubble tea joint (and bar/restaurant) SereniTea later this year.
Exclusive articles, podcasts, and more. Support Milwaukee Record on Patreon.
• Pizza Man is leaving Downer Avenue, moving to old Stubby’s on Humboldt Boulevard
• Stubby’s Gastrogrub & Beer Bar will permanently close December 23
• Pizza Man plumbing has been leaking into bar next door; Pizza Man employees “voluntarily resign”
• Pizza Man is “genuinely sorry” about that plumbing thing, is temporarily closed for repairs
• Pizza Man is opening a new location in Oak Creek
• After nearly 16 years, something is finally planned for the former Chancery on Downer