Are you a fan of auctions? Are you a fan of auctions filled with fabulous items from fabulous local businesses? Are you a fan of auctions that culminate in live broadcasts with dodgy production values? Then buckle up for Milwaukee Record’s Pretty Good Online Auction! The auction is live now and ends today in a six-hour Facebook Live thing from 1-7 p.m.! Fun!
Here’s what you need to know about Milwaukee Record’s Pretty Good Online Auction, which bears absolutely no legal resemblance to a certain gone-but-not-forgotten televised auction:
• Click HERE for the auction. There are prize packs from places like Vanguard, Lakefront Brewery, Colectivo, Cactus Club, WMSE, Milwaukee Art Museum, Honeypie, Cousins, Mondo Lucha, Brass Rooster, Stag Barbershop, Silver City Studios, Lion’s Tooth, Brass Bell Music, Company Brewing, Lake Express, Bars & Recreation, Mystery Room Mastering, Burnhearts, Buxom Boudoir, X-Ray Arcade, Pfister Hotel, Saint Kate Arts Hotel, and many more! There are gift certificates, gift cards, and other gift-y things! There are seats and bricks from Milwaukee County Stadium! There’s art from Dwellephant and Jeff Redmon! There’s stuff we found in our office! There’s more! It all adds up to nearly $20,000 worth of goodies!
• If you’re a first-time bidder, you’ll be prompted to register on our site. All you need is an email and a password!
• About that email: You should receive bid/outbid notifications via email. If you don’t see them, check your spam folder!
• There are a few buy-them-now Deals Of The Day. Buy them now!
• Our Facebook Live event runs today from 1-7 p.m. Join hosts Matt Wild, Tyler Maas, and Josh Hoppert as they give you further information on each and every fabulous auction item! Will there be on-air shenanigans and other random silliness? Yes. Will there be retro commercials? Yes. Will we take a shot every time there’s an overbid? Probably!
• All proceeds will be split 50/50 between Milwaukee Record and the Riverwest Food Pantry!
• If you’re a winner, congrats! You should see the items you won on the main auction page. (Make sure you’re still signed in.) You’ll also see a prompt to pay for your items. PayPal or any credit/debit card will do!
• And that’s it! Thanks!