Every Friday, Stuff We Missed looks to other Milwaukee publications (and beyond) for, well, stuff we missed throughout the week. This week: Bob Uecker singing “Take Bob Uecker Out To The Ballgame”!
• Happy Friday, Milwaukee! Here’s a clip of Bob Uecker singing “Take Bob Uecker Out To The Ballgame,” looped for 10 minutes!
This incredible moment in music history comes from Uecker’s 1987 Wacky World Of Sports video, which features an extended “Uecker’s Greatest Hits” sketch. If you want to hear Mr. Baseball sing bits from “The Bob Uecker Polka” and Simon & Garfunkel’s “Mrs. Robinson”—and believe us, you do—watched the cued-up video below and enjoy. [YouTube]
• Anyway, on to some non-Uecker stuff. The Department of Public Works is upping its recycling pickup game! [Urban Milwaukee]
• Patios at three Bartolotta Restaurants—Harbor House, Mr. B.’s, and Ristorante Bartolotta—are opening on Wednesday, May 12! [OnMilwaukee]
• There’s an “Aaron-Rodgers-guest-hosting-Jeopardy!” bobblehead now! [OnMilwaukee]
• The fog is getting thicker and video game paradise Battlebox, 5431 W. Lisbon Ave., is getting laaaaarger! [Milwaukee Journal Sentinel]
• There’s a new book about Milwaukee County Stadium! [OnMilwaukee]
• There’s a new list that has Milwaukee on it! [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• The Common Council has closed Junior’s Cocktail Lounge at 3300 W. Lincoln Ave. because of, um, a few issues. [Urban Milwaukee]
• New Quilz song/video! It’s a cover of David Bowie’s “Without You”! [YouTube]
• Justin Bieber won’t be playing Summerfest this year; instead, Bieber’s show has been rescheduled to June 24, 2022 at the American Family Insurance Amphitheater. [OnMilwaukee]
• Anyone wanna be a lifeguard? Please? [Urban Milwaukee]
• Milwaukee County is fucked. [Urban Milwaukee]
• Have a great weekend, Milwaukee!