Every Friday, Stuff We Missed looks to other Milwaukee publications (and beyond) for, well, stuff we missed throughout the week. This week: Michael Gableman!
• Michael Gableman. lol
In case you missed it, the former state Supreme Court justice has been tasked by Assembly Speaker Robin Vos to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxpayer money to conduct a sham GOP-supported “investigation” into Wisconsin’s 2020 election. This despite the fact that A.) claims of election fraud are lies, and B.) anyone propagating those lies are liars.
Oh, and C.) election investigator Michael Gableman admits he doesn’t understand elections.
“Most people, myself included, do not have a comprehensive understanding or even any understanding of how elections work,” Gableman told the Green Bay City Council on Tuesday. Two days later, Gableman “canceled interviews with mayors and city clerks and backed off on subpoenas he issued to them days ago.” Why? Well, like he said, because he doesn’t understand elections. And like we said, lol.
Anyway, here are a bunch of other things Gableman (probably) doesn’t understand, but should investigate anyway:
• The emo revival
• The ska revival
• Do the “open” and “close” buttons in elevators do anything?
• Alien Autopsy: (Fact or Fiction?)
• Did David Bowie wear a codpiece in Labyrinth?
• Did Ricardo Montalbán wear a prosthetic chest in Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan?
• BASE jumping
• Why do they call it a “sandwich”? Is there sand in it? Is it made by a witch? Who are the ad wizards that came up with this one?
• String theory
• How soon is now?
• What does Bill Murray whisper to Scarlett Johansson at the end of Lost In Translation?
• Folding fitted bed sheets
• Why is the world in love again? Why are we marching hand in hand? Why are the ocean levels rising up?
Sigh. Anyway, here’s some other Stuff We Missed…
• The Deer District is going to host watch parties for the Milwaukee Brewers’ NLDS series against the Atlanta Braves. [OnMilwaukee]
• 3rd Street Market Hall plans to open on October 18. [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• Outpost Natural Foods is going to remodel and expand its Bay View location. [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• Colectivo Coffee reopened its Prospect Avenue location. [Urban Milwaukee]
• Artist Fred Kaems painted a spy-themed mural outside the SafeHouse. [OnMilwaukee]
• AARP Wisconsin awarded a $1,000 grant to the Beerline Trail. [Urban Milwaukee]
• The Wisconsin Center extended “Beyond Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience” through January 9, 2022. [CBS 58]
• New club on Water Street. [Urban Milwaukee]
• New Kids On The Block. [OnMilwaukee]
• Have a great weekend, Milwaukee!