Milwaukee’s Exclusive Parking App, MKE Park, Powered by ParkMobile, Releases Updated App with New Features
Users can see remaining time left from phone lock screen
Users can directly access residential parking permits via the app
The City of Milwaukee’s exclusive parking app is rolling out a series of updated app features. MKE Park app, powered by ParkMobile*, now has a live activity feature that allows users to see the remaining time left for their parking session from their phone’s lock screen, simplifying the process of checking on how much time is remaining for the current session. This live activity feature is available for all iPhone users with iOS 16.1.
Similar to the lock screen banner, the new dynamic island feature allows users to keep track of their MKE Park parking session on the home screen. When the user “holds” the island, it will expand to reveal the timer and progress bar. The dynamic island is only available on iPhone 14 Pro or Pro Max.
Another new feature is direct access to the City of Milwaukee’s night/residential parking permit system. Now, night/residential parking permits can be accessed through MKE Park.
“The new integrations of the MKE Park app, powered by ParkMobile, will give our users an even smoother experience when parking throughout the city,” said Thomas Woznick, CAPP, Parking Services Manager from the City of Milwaukee. “A focus while developing this update included the goal of offering every parking capability available in one place. We have accomplished a portion of this important goal with this update by allowing our residents the flexibility to apply/pay for city parking permits while using the app.”
Other features available to new and existing app users include the following:
• Apple and Google Sign-in: Now users can quickly create an account through the MKE Parking app with their existing Apple or Google accounts. This option creates seamless and faster account creation.
• Accessibility Enhancements: Improved support for device accessibility features, including VoiceOver (iOS) and TalkBack (Android) as well as UI updates to meet color contrast standards.
• GooglePay Payment Method: Android users can pay using Google Pay (in locations where the processor accepts this method.
• Email Verification: Users are prompted to verify the email address associated with their account to ensure they are the owner. Users are not forced to verify before parking.
• Address verification with support for international postal codes: Verifies the postal code when a new credit card is added to a user account to reduce potential fraudulent activity. This addition supports international postal codes to allow international visitors the ability to add their chosen payment method in the app.
• Account Cancellation: Users can now submit a request to cancel their account and delete personal data directly through the setting section of the application.
“The ParkMobile developers and engineering team have been working meticulously to prepare for the rollout of our updated app features,” says David Hoyt, ParkMobile Chief Revenue Officer and Managing Director, North America. “Our goal is to make parking smarter, and with these enhancements to MKE Park and other city-branded apps, we are doing just that.”
The new features build on the 2020 addition to the MKE Park home screen in which users can access The Hop real-time location/arrival times via TransLoc.
Users will also see a slight increase in transaction fees, the first since the launch of MKE PARK in April 2015. Unit transaction user fees for metered parking transactions will increase to $.50 cents for credit card/PayPal transactions and $.40 cents for ParkMobile wallet transactions, compared to the current fees of $.38 cents for credit card/PayPal transactions and $.27 cents for ParkMobile wallet transactions.
The MKE Park app, powered by ParkMobile, is free to download on both iPhone and Android devices.
*About ParkMobile: ParkMobile, LLC is the leading provider of smart parking and mobility solutions in North America, using a contactless approach to help millions of people easily find, reserve, and pay for parking on their mobile devices. Over the last seven years, MKE Park has seen more than 420,000 lifetime users, resulting in close to seven million parking transactions. The MKE Park app works wherever ParkMobile is accepted, including Whitefish Bay, Lake Geneva, La Crosse, and more in Wisconsin.
Find more press releases HERE.