Every Friday, Stuff We Missed looks to other Milwaukee publications (and beyond) for, well, stuff we missed throughout the week. This week: the return of the Bronze Fonz.
• The Bronze Fonz is back, baby. Ayyyyyyy, etc.
Yes, the once-controversial statue was re-unveiled at a chilly ceremony Friday afternoon, emerging from a shroud-like burial cloth and once again assuming its throne on the downtown RiverWalk, right next to that empty Chinese restaurant. The statue had been undergoing some restoration and maintenance work from Vanguard Sculpture Services. No more painted blue jeans! No more painted T-shirt! Now, the statue has a more natural, more bronze-like sheen. It looks pretty nice!
The ceremony was capped with a reception at the nearby Newsroom Pub, where this author got a little loopy from a single Bronze Fonz-themed Old Fashioned. Please enjoy the big reveal:
— Matt Wild (@ByMattWild) March 11, 2022
• In other news, a bunch of arts organizations are easing their COVID restrictions. Here are some of them, courtesy of the [Milwaukee Business Journal]:
Pabst Theater Group (Pabst Theater, Riverside Theater, Turner Hall Ballroom, The Back Room @ Colectivo). No mask requirements. Vaccination requirements end March 14.
Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra. Mask and vaccination requirements end March 11.
Milwaukee Film. No mask requirements. Vaccination requirements end March 14.
First Stage. Vaccination requirements end March 14. Mask requirements end April 3.
Milwaukee Repertory Theater. Mask and vaccination requirements end April 4.
Next Act Theatre. Vaccination requirements end April 14. Mask requirements end May 9.
• Wanna run the Falcon Bowl? The neighborhood group that bought it is looking for YOU. [Urban Milwaukee]
• There’s a golf simulator at American Family Field now. [OnMilwaukee]
• The Punch Bowl Social next to Fiserv Forum is reopening soon. [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• The Times Cinema is reopening April 8. [OnMilwaukee]
• Tulum Latin Gastropub is opening in the former Odd Duck in Bay View. (Odd Duck is moving to 939 S. 2nd St., and will open soon.) [Urban Milwaukee]
• Brew’d Burger Shop is opening at Zocalo Food Park in Walker’s Point. [OnMilwaukee]
• Sorry, no East-West Bus Rapid Transit Project construction until 2023! [Urban Milwaukee]
• Have a great weekend, Milwaukee!
Exclusive articles, podcasts, and more. Support Milwaukee Record on Patreon.