Every Friday, Stuff We Missed looks to other Milwaukee publications (and beyond) for, well, stuff we missed throughout the week. This week: the end of Milwaukee’s phantom indoor mask mandate.
• Remember Milwaukee’s second, belated, non-enforceable indoor mask mandate that went into effect on January 22? Maybe? Well, it ended March 1. Not with a bang, but with a muffled whimper. Leave your fevered pro- or anti-mask comments below. Or don’t.
So yeah, no more mask mandate, though masks are still required inside all government buildings in the city. And businesses, of course, can still require them if they want. However you feel about the whole thing, just take it from the City of Milwaukee Health Department: don’t be a dick. [Urban Milwaukee]
— City of Milwaukee Health Department (@MKEhealth) March 1, 2022
• As everyone knows, The Hop has been running on a slightly reduced schedule due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It’ll return to normal on March 7. [OnMilwaukee]
• “New [Milwaukee] public museum [that will be half the size of the current Milwaukee Public Museum] would benefit all of Wisconsin,” says president and CEO of the Milwaukee Public Museum. [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• In more MPM news, the museum hired its first Director of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility. [Shepherd Express]
• Marquette University Law School Poll: Evers up, Johnson down, while you motherfuckers bounce to this. [Wisconsin Public Radio]
• In “Put you in the mansion somewhere in Wiscansin” news, T-Pain is launching an 18-date “Road To Wiscansin” tour in San Francisco on May 10. It’ll culminate June 11 at The Rave, at the so-called “Wiscansin Fest.” [TMJ4]
• Howl At The Moon dueling piano bar will open April 22. [OnMilwaukee]
• Lupi & Iris will open May 1 in the 7Seventy7 building. [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• Tropic MKE will hopefully open by March 17 in the old Fire on Water space. [OnMilwaukee]
• Flourchild Pizza will open soon on Milwaukee Street. [OnMilwaukee]
• Mr. J’s Lounge is closed. [Urban Milwaukee]
• All MCTS buses will be free on St. Patrick’s Day! [OnMilwaukee]
• All MCTS Freeway Flyer routes (except one) will be suspended indefinitely! [Urban Milwaukee]
• Have a great weekend, Milwaukee!