The annual Shamrock Club of Wisconsin St. Patrick’s Day Parade is set to return to Downtown Milwaukee/Westown on Saturday, March 12. Wait, did it already return last year, after taking 2020 off because of COVID? Or was it still canceled last year, you know, because of COVID? It’s so hard to say anymore…
ANYWAY, here’s the schedule of events for the parade itself, as well as all the pre-game festivities on Friday, March 11. The parade begins Saturday at noon at N. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive and W. Wisconsin Avenue, and ends at Water Street and Highland Avenue.
Parade Press Conference & Entertainment
Friday, March 11 at noon at the 3rd St. Market Hall, 275 W. Wisconsin Avenue
• Noon – Beglan Academy of Irish dance performs
• 12:15 p.m. – Press conference featuring local dignitaries & honorees
ShamROCK Kick-off Party
Friday, March 11 at 5:30 to 11 p.m. at Miller Time Pub & Grill, 509 W. Wisconsin Ave.
• This free event will have live music, food & drinks specials and a variety of raffle prizes available. Raffle tickets will be sold during the event. Full list of raffle prizes can be found at saintpatricksparade.org; additional prizes to be announced.
• 5:30 p.m. – Performance by Ian Gould
• 7:30 p.m. – Announcement of raffle winners
• 8 p.m. – Performance by Pat McCurdy
35th Annual Mass in Honor of St. Patrick
Saturday, March 12 at 8:30 a.m. at St. Patrick’s Church, 723 W. Washington St.
54th Shamrock Club of Wisconsin St. Patrick’s Day Parade
Saturday, March 12 at noon in downtown Milwaukee
• Parade steps off at MLK Dr. (formerly Old World Third Street) and W Wisconsin Ave., traveling through downtown Milwaukee before ending at Water Street and Highland Avenue. Full route and street closures can be found at saintpatricksparade.org.
• Those coming downtown for the Parade are encouraged to take advantage of $3 parking rate at The Avenue structure (entrances at 615 N. Plankinton Ave. and 615 N. 2nd St.). Please also consider using ride share services or public transit such as The Hop and MCTS to travel safely and responsibly.
Shamrock Club Post-Parade Party
Saturday, March 12 from 1 to 6 p.m. at the Irish Cultural & Heritage Center, 2133 W. Wisconsin Ave.
• The fun doesn’t stop after the parade. Celebrate with the Shamrock Club of Wisconsin with Irish entertainment for the entire family. It’s the most Irish thing you can do in Milwaukee! More details are available at mkepostparade.us.
• Adults (over 12): $8.00; Family (3 or more adults): $20.
Exclusive articles, podcasts, and more. Support Milwaukee Record on Patreon.