In case you missed it due to a case of Bucks Lust, your Milwaukee Brewers are doing pretty well this season! Sure, they helped the Arizona Diamondbacks break their 17-game losing streak last night, but the Brewers are still 40-33! And this Friday, June 25, at 3:10 p.m., the Brewers will celebrate their official “Re-Opening Day” at American Family Field! Because the actual Opening Day kind of sucked!
Yep, Friday’s home game against the Colorado Rockies will be the first of the year to feature 100% capacity. (The April 1 Opening Day was capped at 25%.) And there’ll be a bunch of fun/zany events and giveaways, too. Those include (courtesy of the Brewers):
• Brewers pitcher Freddy Peralta will serve drinks at the First Base Ward Bar on the Field Level concourse from 2-2:30 p.m.
• $1 hot dogs will be available for fans all day, courtesy of American Family Insurance.
• The first 10,000 fans at the game will receive a free 1980s-style Brewers t-shirt, sponsored by Northwestern Mutual.
• All fans in attendance will receive a special magnet schedule, courtesy of Palermo’s Pizza, reflecting the remaining 43 home and 44 road games scheduled from June 25 through the season’s end.
• The Brewers will welcome back legends Cecil Cooper and Paul Molitor for ceremonial first pitches.
• The national anthem will be performed by Cooper’s daughter, Tori Cooper.
• City of Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett has declared June 25 as “Milwaukee’s Official Re-Opening Day” through a proclamation issued by the city.
• In perhaps the biggest news of the day – with restrictions lifted, the Johnsonville Famous Racing Sausages™ will return to their normal racecourse, starting down the left field line and ending as they pass the Brewers dugout.
• Just Announced: A flyover of T-6A Texan planes out of the 47th Flying Training Wing at Laughlin (TX) Air Force Base will occur prior to the first pitch. Brookfield native Sarah “Fuego” Fotsch will be among the four persons piloting the aircrafts. Fotsch was one of the active military members who received Zoom calls from Brewers players – as well as authentic Brewers jerseys – to honor active service members and veterans for Memorial Day this year.
• The game will also feature the first on-field color guard of the season – featuring members of the Milwaukee Fire Department.
Fun! “Re-Opening Day” tickets are still available at Brewers.com, at the American Family Field Box Office, or by calling 1-800-933-7890.
Here’s “Got Bucks Lust (I Love My Milwaukee Bucks).” Sorry, it’s just so good.
Exclusive articles, podcasts, and more. Support Milwaukee Record on Patreon.