Westown Day Market opens for the season on Thursday, June 8 at Zeidler Union Square
MILWAUKEE – This summer, downtown employees and residents are invited to enjoy their lunch breaks at the Westown Day Market, presented by We Energies Foundation. The Market opens for the season on Thursday, June 8 and will feature a variety of lunch options, specialty vendors and live music. Formerly known as the Westown Farmers’ Market, the Day Market is held at Zeidler Union Square and is open from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the following Thursdays: June 8 and 22, July 13 and 27, August 10 and 24 and September 7 and 21.
“With summer’s arrival, we’re all looking for ways to take a break from our desks and take advantage of Milwaukee’s exceptional weather,” said Stacie Callies, Westown Association’s Executive Director. “We’re excited to provide downtown employees, residents and visitors with a space to not only enjoy the outdoors, but also support local entrepreneurs and musicians.”
Attendees can expect to see legacy vendors from the Westown Farmers’ Market, as well as vendors new to Zeidler Union Square. On June 8, vendors will include:
• Lopez Bakery and Restaurant – Celebrating 50 years in business, Lopez Bakery is a returning vendor offering a wide selection of Mexican food and baked goods.
• Little Havana Express – Another legacy vendor, Little Havana offers a variety of authentic and traditional Cuban cuisine that is full of flavor.
• Corazoncito Style’s Boutique – New to the Westown Day Market, Corazoncito Style’s Boutique features modern jewelry and accessories with the special touch of Mexican culture.
A full list of vendors for June 8 and June 22 can be found at westown.org/events/daymarket. More vendors for the season will be announced at a later date. The deadline to apply as a vendor has passed, however interested vendors can apply to be on the waitlist at westown.org.
The Day Market also features local musicians of different genres each week from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Roxie Beane kicks off the music series on June 8, followed by a performance by Joe Wray on June 22. The remaining music schedule includes:
• July 13 – Ian Gould
• July 27 – Brecken Miles
• August 10 – Mathew Haeffel
• August 24 – Michael Tynker Tierney
• September 7 – Frogwater
• September 21 – Phil Norby
For more announcements, follow the Westown Day Market on Facebook: facebook.com/WestownDayMarket
Westown Association is a non-profit business association focused on championing the economic and social development of Milwaukee’s central business district west of the Milwaukee River. This is accomplished through special event marketing, business advocacy, growth initiatives and public/private partnerships that improve the quality of life and vitality of the district. For more information, please visit westown.org.
Find more press releases HERE.