Today is National Beer Day, or, if you’re in Milwaukee, Friday. But wouldn’t it be great if there was an entire beer week? Yes it would. Happily, the 8th annual Milwaukee Beer Week is just around the corner, taking over the city April 22-29. Established in 2009 by Beechwood Sales and Service, the week-long beer-athon features oodles of tappings, tours, tastings, and more. The list of 2017 events includes:
Saturday, April 22
Made in MKE: Best of Barrel Aged Beer: Join MKE Brewing Co., Good City, Black Husky and more as they highlight their favorite barrel-aged brews
Sunday, April 23
Nothing says Sunday like Brunch – MKE Brewing Co. Beer Bruch at The Brass Tap
Monday, April 24
Guinness Perfect Pour competition at Mo’s Irish Pub
Tuesday, April 25
Surly vintage bottle raffle at 42 Lounge
Wednesday, April 26
Central Waters 3rd annual tap-takeover at Burnhearts
Friday, April 28
A New-Bell’s-Gium Experience at Sugar Maple
Saturday, April 29
Sierra Nevada Beers & BBQ
A full press release for the event is below. Beer!
Get Ready for 8th Annual Milwaukee Beer Week!
Event announces date and details for 2017
MILWAUKEE, Wisc. – (April 7, 2017) – The unofficial start to spring in Milwaukee is here, with the 8th annual Milwaukee Beer Week. Once again, Milwaukee Beer Week has packed an unbelievable number of beer tastings, tappings, collaborations, pairings and more into eight incredible days. Enthusiasts will find events from their favorite local and national craft brewers all over the greater Milwaukee area.
To help maximize the Beer Week experience, the Milwaukee Beer Week app will once again be available to help beer lovers effortlessly navigate the extensive event list by date, venue, location or brewery right on their mobile device. An interactive map tool offers for easy navigation to event locations. In addition, users can create and print a personalized event schedule.
The list of events continues to grow every day and features both new and returning favorites – many which are free to attend. A few must-not-miss events include, but are not limited to:
Open to the Public
• Saturday, April 22: Made in MKE: Best of Barrel Aged Beer: Join MKE Brewing Co., Good City, Black Husky and more as they highlight their favorite barrel-aged brews.
• Sunday, April 23: Nothing says Sunday like Brunch – MKE Brewing Co. Beer Bruch at The Brass Tap
• Monday, April 24: Guinness Perfect Pour competition at Mo’s Irish Pub
• Tuesday, April 25: Surly vintage bottle raffle at 42 Lounge
• Wednesday, April 26: Central Waters 3rd annual tap-takeover at Burnhearts
• Friday, April 28: A New-Bell’s-Gium Experience at Sugar Maple.
• Saturday, April 29: Sierra Nevada Beers & BBQ
Tickets / Reservation Required
• Saturday, April 22: Rise and Stein! Stein & Dine is back for the 5th year. Your favorite beer, cheese and sausage festival is back for its 5th year! Join the Shepherd Express as we celebrate all things Wisconsin!
• Sunday, April 23: Crafts & Drafts Spring Beer Fest at Serb Hall. The annual beer fest run by Discount Liquor that raises money for the Wisconsin Ovarian Cancer Alliance. Purchase tickets online at http://www.craftsanddrafts.org/tickets.html
• Tuesday, April 25: 3rd annual Central Waters Beer Dinner at Morel. Five beers paired with five dishes – reservation only.
• Wednesday, April 26: MKE Brewing and Steny’s will be teaming up for the first ever beer dinner at
Steny’s Tavern! Come down and eat some delicious food paired with MKE Brewing beers.
“Milwaukee Beer Week is a celebration of the history of our city and its growth and success over the past eight years is a testament to the incredible amount of passion and knowledge for craft beer that still exists today,” said Dave Cartwright, Craft Sales Manager for New Berlin-based beer wholesaler, Beechwood Sales and Service. “We are grateful for the creativity and participation of our local and national partners who come together each year to help make this event a success. From sit down dinners to rare beer samplings, there is truly something for everyone.”
April 22 kicks-off a week jam-packed full of events. Milwaukee Beer Week 2017 currently has over 100 events scheduled throughout the city, dedicated to socializing, sampling and celebrating craft beer. The event variety makes it easy for craft connoisseurs of every taste and preference to find the perfect fit. Best of all, most of these events are FREE for the public to attend!
Be sure to watch the Events section of the Milwaukee Beer Week website and download the free mobile app, to see real-time event updates and confirmations as they become available. Consumers can also watch for ongoing updates, ask questions or even just share their excitement via our social extensions.