Is there a more wonderful, willfully weird Cudahy bar than City Lounge? Okay, X-Ray Arcade is pretty wonderful and weird, but City Lounge has been doing wonderful and weird for years. Remember when Bubba Sparxxx played there? Remember when Bubba Sparxxx played there again? Remember when City Lounge celebrated a certain unnamed movie franchise and transformed itself into “The Dagobahr”? Remember when City Lounge celebrated another unnamed movie franchise and transformed itself into the “World of Wizards”? He Who Must Not Be Named, indeed.
About that last one. From May 17 through June 9, from 3 p.m. to 2 a.m., City Lounge will once again transform in to the Wizarding World of Har—er, the “World of Wizards.” What can you expect this time around? According to a Facebook event…
• All new scenery and all new interactions
• A new custom drink menu, with a returning favorite
• Each Friday & Saturday put your name into the goblet to win great prizes
• Live DJs Friday and Saturday nights from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.
• Two live trivia events (time and day TBA)
• A fan art gallery show on Sunday, June 2
Fun! There’s no cover for the 21+ pop-up bar or any of the 21+ special events. Here’s a clip from a completely unrelated movie.