Another day, another round of coronavirus precautions and tips. The latest comes courtesy of Milwaukee Film, which operates the Oriental Theatre on Milwaukee’s east side. “Here are a few changes we’re making—and requests we’re making of you,” says a press release, which is reproduced in full below:
Milwaukee Film believes in the power of film to bring people together, and that experiencing film together is a vital way to strengthen our community.
Right now, global concerns are increasing about the highly contagious virus that causes COVID-19 and its potential impact on everyday things in our community, including going to see movies.
At this time, Milwaukee Film is closely monitoring recommendations from local, state, and national officials whose expertise in communicable diseases vastly outweighs what we learned in high school health class. We are open to taking whatever steps may become necessary as new developments and learnings evolve.
For now, here are a few changes we’re making – and requests we’re making of you:
▪ CHOOSE TO STAY HOME: If you’re feeling ill, we encourage you to stay home until your symptoms improve – and put the safety of your neighbors ahead of your desire to see a film.
▪ TICKET REFUNDS: Through the end of April, we will be happy to process a ticket refund before the show if you have a known risk for having contracted COVID-19 or if you’re not feeling well. Please email your full name and order number to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the screening, and we will be happy to assist you in securing a refund for your unused ticket.
▪ KEEP IT CLEAN: We have been increasing our frequency of cleaning our theater during open hours, including the box office, concessions stand, theater seats, and restrooms. Our evening custodial team will continue to use bleach solutions on areas frequently visited by customers.
▪ THE SOUND OF HAND WASHING: Our restrooms have plenty of soap for washing your hands, so use them! The 20-second rule on soap is about the same as singing four lines of “Climb Ev’ry Mountain” from The Sound of Music, which we encourage. Hand sanitizer is also available at the theater for staff and customers.
▪ DON’T TOUCH YOUR FACE: We know, the more we say it, the more you want to do it.
▪ SPACING IS KEY: If you are seeing a show that’s not very crowded, try to sit at least six feet away from other patrons.
▪ PATIENCE PLEASE: We’re all in this together, and we’re also encouraging our staff to take precautions. We strive to give you the very best service, but if things are taking a little extra time because a staff member stayed home or went to wash hands, we’d greatly appreciate your patience.
We’re hopeful that none of us will experience issues with doing the things we love most, like seeing movies together. In the meantime, we appreciate your help in keeping everyone safe and healthy – and as always, we’re deeply grateful for your support of Milwaukee Film.
Also, Parasite is still playing.