Every Friday, Stuff We Missed looks to other Milwaukee publications (and beyond) for, well, stuff we missed throughout the week.
• Can something really be considered “missed” when it’s screeching through the air for hours at a time? Yep, the Milwaukee Air & Water Show is this weekend. Those Blue Angels [VROOOOOOM] have been practicing for about a few days now [VROOOOOOM], and they’re set to really ramp things up [VROOOOOOM] Saturday and Sunday. Your mileage may vary on your enjoyment of machines of war and destruction constantly buzzing overhead, terrifying pets and small children, demanding honor and respect—in case you haven’t honored and respected the military enough in the past five minutes—but, we dunno. We still hate the things.
Anyway, in case you haven’t already skipped town, here’s what you need to know about the weekend’s [VROOOOOOM] big show. [OnMilwaukee]
• Milwaukee alderwoman Chantia Lewis pleaded guilty to felony charges related to using campaign funds for personal expenses. Lewis immediately lost her seat on the Common Council and will face sentencing August 25. [FOX 6]
• The old Klinger’s East is going to be the new Lush Popcorn. [Urban Milwaukee]
• The Pabst Theater Group purchased the historic Villa Filomena events / wedding venue at 1119 N. Marshall St. and renamed it The Fitzgerald. It’ll still be used as an events / wedding venue. [Milwaukee Journal Sentinel]
• New Alley Eyes EP! [Bandcamp]
• Mac and cheese joint Makk ‘n’ Cheese at 2242 S. Kinnickinnic Ave. in Bay View is now cocktail bar and hookah lounge Blind Tiger. [OnMilwaukee]
• USA Today readers think the Third Ward is the country’s fourth best arts district. Great job, Milwaukee! [Milwaukee Magazine]
• Milwaukee is now officially home to the tallest mass timber tower IN THE WORLD. Great job, Ascent MKE at 700 E. Kilbourn Ave.! [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• Bublr Bikes’ annual Bublr Bash is set for August 4 at the Bay View Wheel & Sprocket and here’s the musical lineup. [OnMilwaukee]
• The Riverwest Filling Station is closed for the summer. [Urban Milwaukee]
• Headline: “Bay View Sushi Restaurant To Open Soon?” Answer: Maybe? [Urban Milwaukee]
• There was gonna be a screening of the original Top Gun at Museum Center Park on August 19 but now the screening has been postponed. [OnMilwaukee]
• Have a great weekend, Milwaukee?
Exclusive articles, podcasts, and more. Support Milwaukee Record on Patreon.