If you’re looking to spice up your holiday season with a little something off the beaten Hallmark Christmas movie path, look no further: On Wednesday, December 5, the second annual Milwaukee Krampusnacht will take over the Bavarian Bierhaus for a night of costumes, music, food and drink, arts and crafts, and general tributes to the half-goat/half-demon Krampus, a figure from Alpine folklore who punishes naughty children and acts as a foil to the do-gooding Saint Nicholas. Wait, what?
Yes, last year’s inaugural Krampusnacht (organized by a group called Milwaukee Krampus, natch) was an unexpected hit, selling out Lakefront Brewery and generating a ton of yuletide buzz. This year’s installment looks to be a doozy, too: There’s a parade (sponsored by American Science & Surplus). There’s a special barrel aged whiskey doppelbock called Bells & Chains. There’s the promise of a “Krampus Kid’s Hour,” which sounds incredible.
Tickets are on sale now, and range from $1-$5. A full press release is below:
MILWAUKEE KRAMPUSNACHT RETURNS DECEMBER 5 @ Bavarian Bierhaus
KRAMPUSNACHT draws near! In Alpine lore, December 5 is a night that children are visited by kindly Saint Nick and his dark companion, Krampus the Christmas demon. The good are rewarded, the bad are punished, and then we return you to your regularly scheduled sugary, sappy Christmas season.
The 2nd annual Milwaukee Krampusnacht, produced by a group called Milwaukee Krampus, promises to be bigger and better than last year’s sold out event, a fun evening of local music, craft vendors, food and drink, activities, and a Krampus Parade!
When: Weds., Dec 5., 5-11pm
Where: Bavarian Bierhaus, 700 W. Lexington Blvd, Glendale, WI
Here are some highlights for this year:
• The American Science & Surplus Krampus Parade (7pm), where you encounter a wild pack of Krampus and other frightening characters (but don’t worry, Angels will be handing
out candy and treats, too)!
• Our fantastic music line-up includes The Squeezettes, Sunspot, Xposed 4heads, and Sweet Sheiks. Cut a rug with some Krampuses out on the dance floor!
• The Krampus Market will feature 20 talented local vendors who will be offering gift ideas for the unique people in your life. You’ll find ornaments, Krampus cards, jewelry, candles, dolls, artwork, strange and rare items, and lots more.
• We’re thrilled to say Bavarian Bierhaus will be brewing a special barrel aged whiskey doppelbock released at this event called Bells & Chains! They also have a delicious menu that includes German favorites, pretzels, and a fantastic selection of their own brews and other
• Other activities include a Krampus Kid’s Hour from 5-6pm, that will feature a Kinder-
Krampus Parade, storytelling, and a craft project. There’s a white elephant gift exchange at 8pm, and our popular Krampus Photo Booth will return.
• We are also proud to support the charity Toys for Tots at this event. Please bring a toy donation and spread the holiday cheer.