Every Friday, Stuff We Missed looks to other Milwaukee publications (and beyond) for, well, stuff we missed throughout the week. This week: TWIGGY THE WATER-SKIING SQUIRREL.
• The Milwaukee Boat Show is currently in its third and final weekend at the Expo Center at Wisconsin State Fair Park. That means you have only three more days to enjoy the new boats, the antique boats, and all the boats in between. Oh, and only three more days to enjoy TWIGGY THE WATER-SKIING SQUIRREL.
Yep, the legendary skiing rodent is set to perform Friday, January 28 at 1, 4, and 7 p.m.; Saturday, January 29 at 11 a.m., 2, 5, and 8 p.m.; and Sunday, January 30 at 12 and 3 p.m. “Come join Twiggy and her team for a family friendly, fun-filled, interactive show featuring Twiggy the Water-Skiing Squirrel!” says the Boat Show. “Learn all about water safety, water-skiing and what wild things Twiggy gets into at her lagoon.”
Twiggy has been a kinda-cute, kinda-uncomfortable thing since 1979. “She’s really not that old,” explains the [Milwaukee Journal Sentinel], “and over the years there have been at least 10 ‘Twiggies’ that have put on shows in the U.S., Canada and Europe.” Phew. Have some good shows, Twiggy. And stay out of Toronto.
• Caitlin Cullen closed her Tandem restaurant at 1848 W. Fond du Lac Ave. last summer. Now, she’s given the business to Rosetta Bond, who will open her own 1700 Pull Up restaurant at the location this spring. [Milwaukee Journal Sentinel]
• Interval coffee is moving into the former Stone Creek Coffee building at 2266 S. Kinnickinnic Ave. in Bay View. Stone Creek left the spot in December, after “failing to reach a resolution on who should repair a leaning wall involving the cafe, building owner, and city.” [Urban Milwaukee]
• Milwaukee’s own Goodland Extracts has launched four flavors of CBD-infused sparkling water. The water comes in citrus, orange, strawberry, and raspberry flavors. [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• A regional brewery (Ope! Brewing Co.) named after a regional expression (“Ope!”) plans to open in the region (6751 W. National Ave. in West Allis) this spring. [OnMilwaukee]
• Cello and drums duo Nineteen Thirteen have a new song, “Cello And Drums Forever.” [Soundcloud]
• Here’s the Brewers’ 2022 promotion and giveaway schedule: [Milwaukee Brewers]
• A Mexican-Italian fusion restaurant called Tauro Cocina is moving into the old Trocadero building at 1758 N. Water St. The restaurant plans to open this spring. Also: remember when they had The Get Down on the top floor of Trocadero? That place was called Red Light, right? [BizTimes]
• Heads up, Domeheads: THE MITCHELL PARK DOMES WINTER TRAIN SHOW OPENS SATURDAY, JANUARY 29. The theme: “Barrio Train.” The description: “Natural diversity is what Milwaukee’s Mitchell Park Domes are all about—thousands of plants represent diverse geographies and cultures from across the world, all condensed into a single, unique barrio (neighborhood) in Milwaukee. This year’s train show celebrates that diversity, our barrio, and surrounding communities.” [Mitchell Park Domes]
• Heads up, McGivernheads: JOHN MCGIVERN’S MAIN STREETS DEBUTS SUNDAY, JANUARY 30 AT 10 A.M. ON FOX6. [OnMilwaukee]
• Have a great weekend, Milwaukee!