Every Friday, Stuff We Missed looks to other Milwaukee publications (and beyond) for, well, stuff we missed throughout the week. This week: LITTLE BEEFY.
• Two words: Little Beefy.
Let those words echo through your mind: Little Beefy. Little Beefy.
Yes, a mobile Italian beef sandwich business called…Little Beefy…is coming to Milwaukee. Little Beefy (Little Beefy) will make its signature Little Beefy (Little Beefy) sandwiches at its headquarters at 725 S. 1st St. From there, a fleet of electric food trucks will deliver the sandwiches to beef-craving customers throughout Milwaukee. Brilliant.
Urban Milwaukee has more info:
[Project partner Frank] Velazquez said the trailers (converted trucks whose engines have been removed to create more storage room) will be leased to operators and Little Beefy will provide the rest. Each trailer is entirely self-sufficient and runs on electric power, he said. Operators will not need to run a noisy generator or hook up to water. They will simply need to find a place to park, turn the system on and they can begin accepting Uber Eats orders and serving walk-up customers. The trailers are approximately 12 feet long, 6 feet wide and 9 feet tall, according to a business application filed with the City of Milwaukee.
“Using 100% real beef, slowly cooked thinly cut in our special broth until perfectly tender,” Little Beefy says of its Little Beefy sandwiches. “The slices are thin enough to absorb the mouthwatering broth making the results out of this world. Add caramelized onions, hot or mild peppers, provolone or mozzarella cheese to the thinly sliced beef placed in a crispy on-the-outside French bread and you got yourself a Little Beefy. Have your Little Beefy lightly dipped or heavily for an even better experience.”
Little Beefy is aiming for a January 2022 opening. Little. Beefy. [Urban Milwaukee]
• The opening-in-early-2022 3rd Street Market Hall has added another vendor to its opening-in-early-2022 lineup: Paper Plane Pizza. [OnMilwaukee]
• What’s this? The opening-in-early-2022 3rd Street Market Hall has added another vendor to its opening-in-early-2022 lineup? Yep, Kawa is going to be there, too. [OnMilwaukee]
• “3rd Street Market Hall bringing new investors to downtown Milwaukee real estate.” [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• “Investors assemble: The Avenue’s 3rd Street Market Hall has diverse group of area backers.” [Milwaukee Business Journal]
• Milwaukee media, wistfully looking off into the distance: “Someday these 3rd Street Market Hall announcements are going to end…” [YouTube]
• Frankies, “a restaurant serving African, Caribbean and American menu items,” is coming to the former Splash Studio space at 1815 E. Kenilworth Place. [Milwaukee Journal Sentinel]
• Jason Aldean will headline the first day of Summerfest 2022, which falls on Thursday, June 23. Tickets are on sale now. [Summerfest]
• New single from new Milwaukee band Chit Chat is new, great. [88Nine Radio Milwaukee]
• The Miller Lite Free Rides program is back for New Year’s Eve. Ride the bus for free from 8 p.m. on December 31 until 4 a.m. on January 1! [TMJ4]
• The headline says it all: “Months after union workers won at Colectivo, they’re still on hold.” [Wisconsin Examiner]
• Have a great weekend, Milwaukee!