There’s truly nothing like drinking outside. If you don’t recall, “outside” is that place between your home and car that you run through while muttering obscenities about four months of the year. Fortunately, Milwaukee is outfitted with four seasonal beer gardens to allow for safe and legal public outdoor consumption in warm weather months. If you don’t happen to live near one of said public park pubs, worry not: the beer garden will come to you. The Traveling Beer Garden Tour is back.
The office of Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele announced today in a press release that the unique roving beer garden—which began last summer—would be returning in 2015. According the the release, the Traveling Beer Garden Tour raised nearly $250,000 in its inaugural year, not counting approximately $180,000 in revenue raised by beer gardens in Estabrook, Humboldt, and Hoyt Parks. This year looks to be bigger and better, as at least 15 parks will host the Sprecher Brewery mobile kiosks during the eight-week run. Additionally, Sprecher’s Restaurant & Pub will also serve German cuisine. As part of its affiliation, the brewery has pledged to donate $32,000 for park improvements.
Per the press release, here are the 2015 Traveling Beer Garden Tour dates (weather permitting):
- Whitnall/Root River Area #1 Shelter and Dretzka Chalet – May 20-31
- Froemming Park and Gordon Park – June 3-14
- Grant Park and Doctors Park – June 16-28
- Juneau Park and Sheridan Park – July 1-12
- Greenfield Park and Mitchell Park Domes Plaza – July 15-26
- Holler Park and Brown Deer Boathouse – July 29-August 9
- Falk Park and Red Arrow Park – August 12-23
- Whitnall/Root River Area #1 Shelter and Greene Park – August 26 – September 7